Advertising Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all TMEA publications.
- Discounts applicable to basic ad rates only: 15% to recognized ad agencies, 15% to educational institutions IF NO AD AGENCY IS USED. If a recognized ad agency is used by an educational institution, the 15% will go to the ad agency.
- No cash discount.
- Only recognized advertising agencies are entitled to 15% commission.
- Invoices are sent upon issue publication. Additional copies of publication are available at market cost and an interactive version of the magazine may be viewed online.
- Advertisers with accounts outstanding for more than 90 days or with three unpaid invoices will be prohibited from advertising in upcoming issues until payment is received.
- Advertisers and ad agencies are jointly responsible for payment of all ads.
- Advertising must be in the direct field of music education. All ads are subject to editorial approval.
- Rates protected upon acceptance of contract by the Advertising Manager.
- Although every effort is made to accommodate special placement requests, the publisher reserves the right to determine final ad placement. If special placement is not possible, special placement rates will not apply.
- Frequency discounts apply only to issues in one magazine volume (August–May).
- A $50 late fee will be assessed for any ad contract and/or ad materials received five or more calendar days after their respective deadlines. New contracts WILL NOT be accepted ten or more calendar days after the ad contract deadline.
- To support publication schedule integrity, TMEA will use previous ad content when updated content has not been submitted in time to support the production schedule.
- Contracts may be canceled by advertiser or publisher with written notice on or before the Ad Materials Deadline (see additional conditions listed in nos. 14 and 15).
- Any advertiser canceling an ad after the Ad Materials Deadline must pay 1/2 of the total cost of the canceled ad (see #15 exception).
- Cancellations received on or after the 5th of the month preceding the ad insertion month will not be accepted. Advertiser must pay the full cost of the ad regardless of whether artwork is available to publish.
- Production charges will apply to artwork that must be adjusted to fit the outlined specifications.
To advertise with TMEA, click the appropriate button below, based on whether you have advertised with us before: