High School Seniors
Apply by November 1, 4:30 pm CT
Scholarships have been awarded to the following people for the 2024-2025 school year.
2024-2025 Scholarship Recipients
2024-2025 Bill Cormack Scholarship
2024-2025 Past Presidents Scholarship
2024-2025 Past Presidents Memorial Scholarship
2024-2025 Executive Board Scholarship
John Andrew Sosa
The portal for 2025-2026 scholarship applications opens on August 1st.
The following scholarships are available for graduating high school seniors:
- Bill Cormack Scholarship: $3,000 per year for up to five years
- Past-Presidents Memorial Scholarship: $2,500 per year for up to five years
- Past-Presidents Scholarship: $2,500 per year for up to five years
- Executive Board Scholarship: $2,500 per year for up to five years
- One-Year Scholarships: $2,500 for one year (multiple awarded annually)
- Must be entering as a full-time freshman, as defined by the attending institution, in a Texas college or university in the fall 2025.
- Must major in a music degree program leading to Texas teacher certification with music as the primary teaching field.
- Completed TMEA Scholarship Application
- Do not create more than one application. If you have created an application and lost your upload link please contact: email@example.com before 3:30 pm on November 1.
- Submit 5 names of individuals, and their email addresses, of people who can address your potential for success in an undergraduate music education program, potential for success as a music educator, music skills and abilities, work ethic, and other personal qualities. One evaluation must be submitted by your primary ensemble director. These evaluations will be completed online.
- Self-composed short essay (1-2 pages) that describes your reasons for becoming a teacher, commitment to music education, and future career goals. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
- Professional style resume that includes a list of any All-State groups in which you have participated, any musical honors you have achieved, and any other academic or non-musical honors you have achieved. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
- Copy of your current academic transcript may be uploaded as a PDF or mailed to TMEA, 7900 Centre Park Dr., Austin, TX 78754. The transcript must be received on or before November 1. Do not email or fax your transcript to TMEA.