TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
Learn more about the priorities that direct our communications with legislators during this session.
Watch the 2017 General Session keynote addresses by Bob Morrison and Eric Booth, as well as the combined All-State group performance.
May 2017 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
TMEA recently released this "Music Is Essential" video to spread the word about the importance of elementary music instruction. Share it!
This January 2016 article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
Learn more about how this legislation (passed in May 2013) affects music students through graduation plans, pull-out restrictions, and more.
- After the Convention
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- Realignment Project for 2016-2018
- Audition Entry
- Honor Band Entry
- Honor Orchestra Entry
- 2018 Convention
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Fair & College Night
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron