TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
Apply to Perform for the 2019 Convention
College and University Bands and Jazz Ensembles - April 1 Deadline
Middle School, High School and College/University Choirs - May 10 Deadline
High School and Middle School Jazz Ensembles - May 15 Deadline
Elementary Choirs and Instrumental Ensembles - June 15 Deadline
Return to the convention webpage to create your CPE record, download handouts, and more.
Learn more about the 2018-2019 TMEA Executive Board members.
While Harvey may seem like a memory, for many students the effects are still very real. Review the list and contact teachers directly to offer your help. Spread the word so that all needs can be met!
Find ready-to-print/show materials on this page. Distribute advocacy materials to parents, administrators, and the community in support of music education for all!
This article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
February 2018 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- New - Honor Band Rules for 2018
- After the Convention - CPE, Handouts, and more
- 2018 All-State
- Scholarship Application
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Exhibits
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron