TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
Stay updated on TMEA business during this time of school closures. All emails to members will be linked from this page.
Great insight from a variety of perspectives in "Bridging the Gap: Teaching and Learning Music Online Webinar" hosted by the NAMM Foundation.
Submit a clinic session proposal or music showcase application.
Submission deadline is June 1.
Download the TMEA Anthem, premiered at the 2020 TMEA Second General Session.
Share these inspirational stories about the power of music education, premiered during the 2020 TMEA First General Session.
Join us as we honor our past, celebrate our present, and look forward to our next 100 years.
This article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
April 2020 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
- COVID-19 Updates
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- Convention Performing Group Applications
- College Division Fall Conference Follow-up
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Exhibits
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron