- The director must be an Active member of TMEA.
- The ensemble must represent a school located in the State of Texas.
- The director must have taught the ensemble a minimum of two years and must submit examples from the past two school years (current year and previous year.)
- A choir will not be eligible if there is a change of directors between the time of entry and the time of the TMEA performance. The director must notify the State Vocal Chair if a change occurs.
- A choir (specific ensemble type) will not be eligible to apply for three years after their performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by Midnight, May 10. Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 9 pm, May 10th.
- The following ensembles are eligible for consideration:
- Mixed Choir
- Treble Choir
- Tenor-Bass Choir
- Chamber Choir
- The following school levels are eligible:
- Middle School
- Junior High
- High School Non-Varsity
- High School Varsity
- The following classifications are eligible:
- A brief background statement about the choir should be included with the application form.
- The application must include the signature of the director and the principal of the school or Director of the Music School for college and university applicants.
- All recording must be no less than 10 and more than 15 minutes in length.
- There should be no verbal identification on the performance tracks.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- List all titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of performances will be submitted online.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 44,100 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- Recordings will not be returned.
- Applicants will be reviewed by a committee of choir directors who are representative of the categories submitted for consideration.
- This is a blind review process; only the State Vocal Chair knows which schools have submitted.
- The selection committee scores each choir individually; the choirs are ranked following the conclusion of the listening.
- An effort will be made to include choirs from as many classifications and geographic locations as possible.
- All applicants and invited choirs will be informed of by June 1.
- Online application process will open March 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director as well as the principal of the school or Director of the Music School for college and university applicants.
- The printed application form may be submitted digitally - TMEA Deputy Director
or by mail - TMEA Vocal Division Vice-President, PO Box 140465, Austin, TX 78714 (Postmarked by May 10.)
- Deadline: Midnight, May 10
For more information contact: TMEA Vocal Vice-President - email@example.com
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)