TFME Charter Criteria
TMEA established Texas Future Music Educators (TFME) for students enrolled in Texas schools in grades 9–12 who are interested in becoming music educators.
- The Texas Music Educators Association Executive Board grants chapter charters.
- One chapter per campus (or school district) may be established and must be sponsored by at least one Active TMEA member music educator.
- Membership shall be open to any student who is certified by a TMEA Active Member director as a viable member of one of the school’s parent musical organizations and who is academically eligible under Texas statutes.
- Chapters would be required to have at least 4 meetings per year, preferably two of which shall be during the fall term and two of which shall be during the spring term.
- Chapter activities would be focused on providing service to the school’s musical organizations, and providing information to its members on preparing to become a college music education major and a future music educator.
- TFME members would be invited to participate at the annual TMEA Convention beginning on Friday.
- During the convention, specific events for TFME members include College Night, attending division-specific performance events, a state meeting with guest clinician/speaker, All-State concerts, and clinic sessions.
- Securing housing will be the responsibility of the student and/or chaperon.
- TFME shall have a state level information section on the TMEA website.