Apply by November 1, 4:30 pm CT
The following scholarship is available to graduate students (multiple are awarded annually):
One-Year Graduate Study Scholarships: $1,250 for 3 Hours and $2,500 for 6+ hours for studies during the summer 2024 and/or fall 2024 semesters.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Must be an Active member of TMEA.
- Must have a minimum of three years, full-time, classroom teaching experience in Texas with music as the primary teaching field at the time of application.
- Must be pursuing a music-related graduate degree at a fully-accredited university within the state of Texas.
- Completed TMEA Scholarship Application. Do not create more than one application. If you have created an application and lost your upload link please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:30 pm on November 1.
- Submit 5 names and emails of individuals who can address your potential for success in a graduate music education program, success as a music educator, music skills and abilities, work ethic, and other personal qualities. These evaluations will be completed online.
- Self-composed short essay (1-2 pages) that describes your reasons for becoming a teacher, commitment to music education, and future career goals. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
- Professional resume that includes any music and/or teaching honors or recognition you have received during your career. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
- Copy of your current academic transcript may be uploaded as a PDF or mailed to TMEA, 7900 Centre Park Dr., Austin, TX 78754. Do not fax or email your transcript to TMEA.