Members are encouraged to submit to the TMEA office articles on topics relevant to music education. Articles then accepted by the Editorial Committee will be printed on a space-available basis.Submit articles in MSWord format to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Articles submitted to Southwestern Musician should be of interest to the general readership. Content of articles may focus on band, choir, orchestra, general music, or research but the information should be relevant for a majority of our members.
2. Manuscripts may be inspirational, pedagogical, philosophical, historical, or descriptive in nature.
3. Articles should be double-spaced and not exceed 1,750 words. Each article should be an entity and not part of a series. The Editorial Committee will consider any digital format images/graphics on a case-by-case basis.
4. Articles should be submitted with a detachable cover page listing the author’s name, address, and current teaching position or school if the author is a student.
5. Articles appearing in Southwestern Musician may also be provided online for download following the release of an issue.