To complete your scholarship application you must submit the essay and resume online. If you are able, also upload your academic transcript. if you cannot upload it, mail it to the address below by the stated deadline. Do not email or fax. For student teacher scholarships, the student teaching verification may be uploaded or mailed to the address below. Deadline for materials to be received in the TMEA office is 4:30 PM, November 1. Do not fax, email or send links to download the essay, resume, transcript or student teaching verification form to TMEA.
Texas Music Educators Association
Attn: Kay Vanlandingham
7900 Centre Park Dr., Austin, Texas 78754
- Submit 5 names of individuals, and their email addresses, of people who can address your potential for success in an undergraduate music education program, potential for success as a music educator, music skills and abilities, work ethic, and other personal qualities. These evaluations will be completed online. High School Applicants only: One evaluation must be submitted by your primary ensemble director.
- Self-composed short essay (1-2 pages) that describes your reasons for becoming a teacher, commitment to music education, and future career goals. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft WORD format.
- Graduate Scholarship Only:
- Professional resume that includes any music and/or teaching honors or recognition you have received during your career. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft WORD format.
- An evaluation by a "primary ensemble director" is not required.
- All Other Scholarshps:
- Professional style resume that includes a list of any All-State groups in which you have participated, any musical honors you have achieved, and any academic or non-musical honors you have achieved. This document must be uploaded in PDF or Microsoft WORD format.
- Copy of your most recent academic transcript uploaded or mailed to TMEA.
- Student Teacher Scholarship Only:
- Verification by your advisor, school chair, or director that you will be student teaching the semester indicated. You must use the TMEA Scholarship Teaching Verification Form.