Elementary Music Instructional Support Program
It is imperative to review the grant requirements below prior to beginning an application.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOLLOWS DETAILS BELOW:
- Elementary Music Instructional Support Program Information
- Assistance to EMISP Applicants
- EMISP Selection Criteria
- Application Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Online Application
The TMEA Executive Board approved up to $800,000 in funding for grants to benefit elementary music programs across the state. This grant program is a benefit offered exclusively to active TMEA members who teach elementary music. Funds must be used by elementary music teachers (PK–5) to purchase music, music equipment, instruments, instructional software, and other music educational materials for use during this school year.
Who Can Apply: Active TMEA Members with current 2021-2022 membership teaching elementary music in grades PreK–5 in Texas schools.
- (2020-2021 Membership expired June 30, 2021.)
- When: September 15-November 1, 2021 - 4:30 pm.
- Where: www.tmea.org/elementarygrant
For What: Music, music equipment, instruments, instructional software, and other music educational materials offered by a TMEA Approved Vendor.
- (Computers, tablets, and iPads, and other computing devices are excluded from this grant process.)
- Vendors: All purchases must be from a single TMEA Approved Vendor.
- For How Much: A maximum of $800 per campus will be awarded. Multiple teachers from a district can apply.
- Notification: Applicants will be notified by email on or before December 1 of acceptance or rejection.
- Funding: Payments for the first $800.00 of the order will be made from TMEA directly to the TMEA approved vendor. Remaining balances on orders exceeding payment of $800.00 will be billed to the TMEA member's school or district.
- The participant and/or school district shall furnish such additional information that TMEA may require.
- TMEA shall not be liable for any costs incurred in the preparation or submittal of the application and implementation of the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program.
- TMEA reserves the right to reject any and all applications and to negotiate portions thereof.
- TMEA reserves the right to make specific selections from among all qualified applicants. Completion of the EMISP application does not obligate TMEA to award the campus.
Any person wishing to obtain additional and/or clarifying information pertaining to the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program should contact:
TMEA Deputy Director
Elementary Music Instructional Support Program
Texas Music Educators Association
7900 Centre Park Drive
Austin, TX 78754
EMISP applications submitted by eligible TMEA members will be reviewed by TMEA to determine if the selection criteria have been met satisfactorily. Selection will be determined based upon compliance with the guidelines of the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program outlined in this document. Review of EMISP applications will begin as soon as possible after the November 1st, 4:30 pm deadline. Each application will be reviewed to determine whether the applicant satisfies the requirements of the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program.
All required components of the EMISP application must be completed. Each applicant will be notified via email of selection or non-selection to participate in the Elementary Music InstructionalSupport Program.
Focused attention will be given to the following selection criteria:
- Grant funds must be used for the purchase of music, music equipment, instruments, instructional software, and other music educational supplies from TMEA Approved Vendors.
- The purchased items must be used for music instruction in grades PreK through 5.
- Selection will be based on justification of need, including but not limited to current budget, other funding sources, as well as number of students served.
- School District
- Email address
- Best Contact Telephone Number
- Preferred Mailing Address
- Date/Time EMISP Application Submitted
- Music Program Information
- School name
- Grade levels the applicant teaches (PreK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Total number of students served
Current year resources:
- Total of 2021-2022 District and/or campus funding
- Total of 2021-2022 funds from other sources (PTA, PTO, fundraising, other, etc.)
- Justification of need
Vendor and Item Information
- Selected TMEA Approved Vendor (Applicant must make purchases from a single vendor.)
- List of items to be purchased with quantity, category, description, catalog number, and price
- Cost of shipping when applicable
- Grant amount requested (maximum $800)
- Grand total of purchase(s) including shipping costs.
- A PDF file bid quote from the vendor, including the items, shipping, and total, must be uploaded by the 4:30 pm, November 1, deadline after submitting your grant application.
- Complete the application with digital signature showing acceptance of the commitment
Sample Commitment Statement:
I understand that the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program will occur during the 2021-2022 school year. If awarded grant funding from the Elementary Music Instructional Support Program, I will supplement – not supplant – the budget of the designated campus elementary music program. The item(s) purchased through this grant will remain the property of the campus music program listed in the grant application. I will cooperate with TMEA to provide requested data within the timeframes specified and will participate in the evaluation of the program.
On behalf of the school for which I am submitting this application, I hereby certify that the information provided in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge and I agree to the conditions for the EMISP program.
- Must I be a current active TMEA member to apply?
Yes, this grant program is a benefit offered exclusively for active TMEA members. Last year's membership expired June 30.
- I am a TMEA member but teach in a private rather than a public school. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, if you teach elementary music full-time in a private school then you are eligible.
- Must my total grant request come from the same vendor?
Yes, your application must specify products from only one vendor.
- What if the product I want to purchase costs more than $800? May I order that product and my campus or district pay the difference?
Yes, you may do so, and will be billed by the supplier for the difference. TMEA will pay the first $800 directly to the supplier.
- If I change schools, may I take with me whatever it is TMEA purchases to my new school?
No, the instrument, supplies, or music becomes the property of the school where you are currently teaching.
- May I buy an iPad or similar tablet with these grant dollars?
No, you may buy software but no technological hardware.
- May I buy a band or orchestra instrument such as a flute or violin with these grant dollars?
No, these dollars are designated for instruments and materials utilized in the elementary general music classroom.
- If I teach on two elementary campuses, may I apply for two grants, one for each campus?
Yes, you may submit a grant application for each campus.
- Will the grant dollars be paid to me, my school, my ISD, or the supplier?
Upon your online approval as proof of receipt, TMEA will pay the supplier directly. (Up to $800.00 of the order).
- What about shipping?
Your total dollar amount requested should include shipping. (Some suppliers will provide free shipping.)