Below are the requirements and application for an invited elementary choir or instrumental ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention.
- The director must be an Active member of TMEA.
- The ensemble must represent a school located in the state of Texas.
- The director must have taught the ensemble for a minimum of 2 school years (current and previous year.)
- An ensemble will not be eligible if there is a change of director(s) between the time of entry and the time of the TMEA performance. The director must notify the Elementary Vice President if a change occurs.
- A campus or district ensemble is not eligible to reapply for three years after their performance at TMEA.
- Applications and video recordings must be submitted online by Midnight, June 15.
Uploading video recordings will take time. Start the application process before 8 pm, June 15th.
- The following ensemble are eligible for consideration:
- Choirs from elementary schools with only grades 6 and/or lower.
- Instrumental ensembles from elementary schools with only grades 6 and/or lower.
- Campuses which include only 6th grade and higher are not eligible and should apply in the Vocal Division middle school application process.
- The video recording must be no more than 15 minutes total. A minimum of three selections is required with a with a maximum of five selections all from the current school year.
- The selections must be combined into a single video file for uploading.
- There should be nothing that identifies the school or its director on the video, in the audio, or on a title screen.
- If you choose to submit a concert recording, please advise the audience. Audience noise significantly impacts the quality of the recording and may invalidate your submission.
- Acceptable video format for uploading:
- Must be MP4 (MPEG-4)container with video codec H.264 and audio codec ACC-LC.
- Video resolution should be no larger than 1080p HD (1920 x 1080 pixels).
- Video bitrate should not exceed 10 Mbps, audio bitrate should not exceed 512 kbps.
- Recordings will be deleted after the review process is complete.
- Applicants will be reviewed by a committee of elementary specialists.
- This is a blind process, only the Elementary Vice President knows which schools have submitted.
- The selections committee scores each ensemble individually; ensembles are ranked at the conclusion of the listening.
- An effort will be made to include ensemble from as many geographic locations as possible.
- All applicants and invited groups will be informed of their invitation status no later than July 15th.
- All elementary Invited Concert slots consist of two ensemble performances for a one hour concert. Invited groups are expected to be in the audience for the other group's performance.
- Online application process opens March 1.
- The online application for must be PRINTED and include the signature of the director and the principal of the school.
- The printed application form may be submitted digitally - TMEA Deputy Director
or by mail - TMEA Elementary Division Vice-President, PO Box 140465, Austin, TX 78714 (Postmarked by June 15.)
- Deadline: Midnight, June 15
For more information contact: TMEA Elementary Vice-President - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)