Below are the requirements and application for an invited elementary choir or instrumental ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention.
- The director must be an Active member of TMEA.
- The ensemble must represent a school located in the state of Texas.
- The director must have taught the ensemble for a minimum of 2 school years (current and previous year.)
- An ensemble will not be eligible if there is a change of director(s) between the time of entry and the time of the TMEA performance. The director must notify the TMEA Elementary Division Chair if a change occurs.
- A campus or district ensemble is not eligible to reapply for three years after their performance at TMEA.
- Applications and video recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), September 15. (Revised 6/2/2020)
Uploading video recordings will take time. Start the application process before 8 pm, September 15th.
- The following ensemble are eligible for consideration:
- Choirs from elementary schools with only grades 6 and/or lower with 100 or fewer members.
- Instrumental ensembles from elementary schools with only grades 6 and/or lower with 50 or fewer members.
- Campuses which include only 6th grade and higher are not eligible and should apply in the Vocal Division middle school application process.
- The video recording must be no more than 15 minutes total. A minimum of three selections is required with a with a maximum of five selections all recorded between the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year to March 15, 2020.
- The selections must be combined into a single video file for uploading.
- There should be nothing that identifies the school or its director on the video, in the audio, or on a title screen.
- If you choose to submit a concert recording, please advise the audience. Audience noise significantly impacts the quality of the recording and may invalidate your submission.
- Acceptable video format for uploading:
- Must be MP4 (MPEG-4) container with video codec H.264 and audio codec ACC-LC.
- Video resolution should be no larger than 1080p HD (1920 x 1080 pixels).
- Video bitrate should not exceed 10 Mbps, audio bitrate should not exceed 512 kbps.
- Recordings will be deleted after the review process is complete.
- The TMEA Elementary Division Chair will select a committee of elementary specialists from around the state to listen to the recordings.
- The selection committee will review each submission individually. Upon completion, the committee will recommend to the State Elementary Chair their suggestions for the invited ensembles.
- This is a blind process, only the TMEA Elementary Division Chair knows which schools have submitted.
- The State Elementary Chair will take the committee’s suggestions into consideration prior to making the final decision, and will be the final authority in the selection process to assure balance in the overall program at the convention.
- An effort will be made to include ensembles from as many geographic locations as possible.
- All applicants and invited groups will be informed of their invitation status no later than October 1, 2020.
- TMEA will not provide any equipment for this performance other than chairs, stands, choral risers, and a grand piano.
- Online application process opens March 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
- Print and sign the application then digitally upload the form to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio uploads is 11:59 pm (CT), September 15, 2020. (Revised 6/2/2020)
For more information contact: TMEA Elementary Vice-President - email@example.com
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)