Texas college faculty can recognize their elite music education graduates through this TMEA program. Award recipients should represent the finest and most dedicated future music educators across the state. Designation as a Collegiate Music Educator Award recipient should be an indication of potential quality for those looking to hire outstanding new teachers. Applications will be reviewed for completeness by the TMEA staff.
Award recipients must meet all of the required criteria to receive recognition:
- Current TMEA member.
- Graduating in the semester nominated (summer graduates are nominated the spring before their graduation).
- Undergraduate music education major/concentration (pursuing certification in EC–12 music).
- 3.5 or better overall grade point average (GPA) at the close of the previous semester.
- Student has provided non-mandatory music instruction or has been significantly involved in the local music education community.
One active TMEA member who is a member of the institution’s music education faculty may nominate that institution’s students online. By nominating a student, the faculty member confirms the student meets the above qualifications. A student may be nominated only once, during their graduation semester.
- Fall graduation: November 1 (Opens in September)
- Spring/Summer graduation: March 15 (Opens in January)
Award recipients receive the following. All recognition materials will be sent in a single mailing to the designated TMEA member at the institution who will distribute them to each student.
- a congratulatory letter
- printed certificate (the student's name on their TMEA member record will be printed)
- regalia cords, and
- inclusion in a listing on the TMEA website.
If you have any questions about this new program, email Si Millican, College Vice-President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Allen, Texas Tech Univ
Jacob Angel, Baylor Univ
Michael Brenek, Univ of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Julia Brown, Univ of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Brianna Busby, Baylor Univ
Benjamin Cordell, Texas Tech Univ
Cheri Crutcher, Texas Woman's Univ
Jorge Flores, Texas State Univ
Michaela Hardin, Texas Tech Univ
Barbara Hughston, Baylor Univ
Rebecca Kozinski, Texas Tech Univ
Victoria Lien, Texas Tech Univ
Austin Montgomery, Baylor Univ
Megan Montgomery, Baylor Univ
Jon Ortiz, Texas Tech Univ
Alejandro Padro-Fuentes, UT/San Antonio