Below are the requirements and application for an invited high school percussion ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention. Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), June 15. TMEA will not provide any percussion equipment for this performance.
- The directors must be active members of TMEA.
- The director cannot be on the board of TMEA.
- An invited percussion ensemble or other percussion ensembles from the same campus will not be eligible to apply for three years after their performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), June 15
Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 8 pm, June 15th.
- The printed application must include the signature of the director with the campus principal's permission stating that, if selected, the ensemble will participate.
- All recordings must be from live concerts recorded between the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year to March 15, 2020 and at least 15 minutes but no longer than 30 minutes of music and should contain examples of different types of percussion ensemble music.
- Titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of the performances will be submitted online.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 44,100 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- The recordings must be of registered students only. No guest artists can appear on the submitted recording.
- There can be no speaking of any kind on the recording.
- The TMEA Band Division Chair will select a committee from around the state who specialize in percussion to listen to the recordings.
- No directors who are applying for performance will be allowed to serve on the selection committee.
- This is a blind audition process. Only the TMEA Band Division Chair will know which schools have applied.
- All applicants and the invited percussion ensemble will be notified by July 22.
- Online application process opens March 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
- Print and sign the application then digitally upload the form to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio uploads is 11:59 pm (CT), June 15, 2020.
For more information contact: TMEA State Band Division Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)