Below are the requirements and application for college/university concert band and/or jazz ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention. Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 PM, May 15.
- The director must be a current Active member of TMEA.
- The performing ensemble must be a college or university concert band or jazz ensemble.
- Previously invited ensembles will not be eligible to apply for three years after their performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 PM, May 15.
Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 9 pm, May 15th.
- The printed application must include the signature of the director stating that if selected, the ensemble will participate.
- All recordings must be from live concerts from the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year to March 15, 2020.
Jazz ensemble applications should contain examples of different jazz styles.
- Titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of the performances will be submitted online.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- The total combined length of all recordings must be a minimum of 20 minutes with a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- Preferred: WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- The recordings must be of students only. No guest artists can appear on the submitted recording.
- There can be no speaking of any kind on the recording.
- Recordings will not be returned.
- The TMEA Band Division Vice-President is responsible for selecting the invited college/university ensembles.
- All applicants and invited ensembles will be notified by or before June 1st.
- Online application process will open March 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
a) Include a letter of request for your ensemble to perform must be included.
b) Include two recent concert programs.
- Print and sign the application then digitally upload the form, letter, and concert program in a single PDF to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio uploads is 11:59 pm, May 15, 2020.
For more information contact: TMEA Band Division Vice-President - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)