Collegiate Music Educator Award
Texas college faculty can recognize their elite music education graduates through this TMEA program. Award recipients should represent the finest and most dedicated future music educators across the state. Designation as a Collegiate Music Educator Award recipient should be an indication of potential quality for those looking to hire outstanding new teachers. Applications will be reviewed for completeness by the TMEA staff.
- Fall graduation: November 1 (Opens in September)
- Spring/Summer graduation: March 15 (Opens in January)
- Current TMEA member.
- Graduating in the semester nominated (summer graduates are nominated the spring before their graduation).
- Undergraduate music education major/concentration (pursuing certification in EC–12 music).
- 3.5 or better overall grade point average (GPA) at the close of the previous semester.
- Student has provided non-mandatory music instruction or has been significantly involved in the local music education community.
Award recipients receive the following. All recognition materials will be sent in a single mailing to the designated TMEA member at the institution who will distribute them to each student.
- a congratulatory letter
- printed certificate (the student’s name on their TMEA member record will be printed)
- regalia cords, and
- inclusion in a listing on the TMEA website.