Invited HS Percussion Ensemble
Below are the requirements and application for an invited high school percussion ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention. Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CDT), June 1. TMEA will not provide any percussion equipment for this performance.
Selected ensembles are included on the Convention Concert Ensembles page.
- The directors must be active members of TMEA.
- The director cannot be on the board of TMEA.
- An invited percussion ensemble will not be eligible to apply for three years after their last performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CDT), June 1.
Note: Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 9 pm (CDT), June 1.
- The printed application must include the signature of the director with the permission of the school principal.
- All recordings must be from live concerts and at least 15 minutes but no longer than 30 minutes of music and should contain examples of different percussion types of percussion ensemble music.
- All recordings must have been made during the academic school year preceding the June 1 deadline.
- Titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of the performances will be submitted online.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 44,100 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- The TMEA Band Division will select a committee of three of its members from around the state who specialize in percussion to listen to the recordings.
- No directors who are applying for performance will be allowed to serve on the selection committee.
- This is a blind audition process. Only the Selection Committee Chairperson will know which schools have applied.
- All applicants and invited percussion ensembles will be notified July 21, 2022 with a posting in the TMEA exhibit booth in conjunction with the Texas Bandmasters Association Convention.
- Online application process for high school opens May 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
- Print and sign the application then digitally upload the form to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio file uploads is 11:59 pm (CDT), June 1.
For questions about the invited percussion ensemble application process, contact the Band Division Vice-President.