Invited University Concert and Jazz Ensembles
Below are the requirements and application for college/university concert band and/or jazz ensemble to perform during the annual clinic/convention. Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), April 15.
Note: Two college bands were invited to perform for the 2021 Clinic-Convention and were unable to perform due to the COVID-19 pandemic have been invited to perform for the 2022 Clnic-Convention. There may be one additional band invited for perform for the 2022 Clinic-Convention.
Selected ensembles are included on the Convention Concert Ensembles page.
- The director must be a current Active member of TMEA.
- The performing ensemble must be a college or university concert band or jazz ensemble.
- Previously invited ensembles will not be eligible to apply for three years after their performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), April 15.
Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 9 p.m., April 15.
- The printed application must include the signature of the director stating that if selected, the ensemble will participate.
- All recordings must be from live performances. Jazz ensemble applications should contain examples of different jazz styles.
- The recordings must have been made during the 2019-2020 and/or 2020-2021 school years.
- Titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of the performances will be submitted online.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- The total combined length of all recordings must be a minimum of 20 minutes with a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- Preferred: WAV(Uncompressed); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant:
- The TMEA Band Division Vice-President is responsible for selecting the invited college/university ensembles.
- All applicants and invited ensembles will be notified by or before May 1.
- Online application process will open April 1.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
a) Include two recent concert programs.
- Print and sign the application form, then digitally upload the form and concert programs in one PDF file to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio uploads is 11:59 pm (CT), April 15, 2020.
For more information contact: TMEA Band Division Vice-President - email@example.com