Invited University Concert and Jazz Ensembles
Below are the requirements and application for college/university concert band and/or jazz ensemble to perform during the TMEA 2025 annual clinic/convention. Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), April 1.
Selected ensembles are included on the Convention Concert Ensembles page.
- The director must be a current Active member of TMEA.
- The performing ensemble must be a college or university concert band or jazz ensemble.
- Previously invited ensembles will not be eligible to apply for three years after their performance at the TMEA convention.
- Applications and recordings must be submitted online by 11:59 pm (CT), April 1.
Uploading recordings will take time. Start the application process before 9 p.m., April 1.
- The printed application must include the signature of the director stating that if selected, the ensemble will participate.
- All recordings must be from live performances. Jazz ensemble applications should contain examples of different jazz styles.
- The recordings must have been made during the 2023-24 school year.
- Titles, composers, arrangers, length of tracks and dates of the performances will be submitted online.
- Up to 5 recorded tracks will be uploaded to TMEA through the online application process.
- The total combined length of all recordings must be a minimum of 20 minutes with a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- Preferred: WAV(Uncompressed); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant:
- The TMEA Band Division Vice-President is responsible for selecting the invited college/university ensembles.
- All applicants and invited ensembles will be notified by or before April 15.
- The invited ensemble will agree to complete their concert within the 50 minute allotted time. This includes introductions, applause, and presentations. This includes the final concert of any day.
- The total time of the repertoire must not exceed 40 minutes.
- Repertoire must be approved by the Band Division Vice-President and must be submitted by October 10 via the TMEA website.
- The invited ensemble will be scheduled by the Band Division Vice-President in consultation with the TMEA Executive Board.
- If the performance is scheduled in the Lila Cockrell Theatre, TMEA will provide a grand piano, chairs, music stands, conductor podium and music stand, and if required, up to 4 - 8" tall 4'x 8' platforms, 4 - 16" tall 4' x 8' platforms, and 4 - 24" tall 4' x 8' platforms.
- If the performance is scheduled in a ballroom, TMEA will provide a grand piano, chairs, music stands, conductor podium and music stand, and if required, up to 2 - 8" tall 4'x 8' platforms, 2- 16" tall 4' x 8' platforms.
- For either performance location, all other instruments and equipment must be provided by the ensemble and must fit in a one box truck. Only one truck is permitted.
- TMEA prohibits any organization from soliciting exhibitors for use of instruments or equipment during the convention.
- Online application process will open March 1. Application button will appear below.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the director.
a) Include two recent concert programs.
- Print and sign the application form, then digitally upload the form and concert programs in one PDF file to TMEA on the website application.
- Deadline to complete the application process including the signed application and audio uploads is 11:59 pm (CT), April 1.
For more information contact: TMEA Band Division Vice-President - email@example.comThe Band Division Invited College Band and Jazz Ensemble online application process opens on March 1.