Robert Floyd was selected as Executive Director of TMEA in September, 1992 and he assumed the position full-time in June, 1993. Prior to moving to Austin he was Director of Bands at L.V. Berkner High School in the Richardson I.S.D. He is father of Michael, a computer engineer for DeLoitte Consulting and Lauren, a student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. His interests include family, cooking, music, education policy, playing golf, travel, and jogging.
- General management of TMEA
- Editor of Southwestern Musician
- Coordinator of the annual Clinic/Convention
- Liaison with other professional education and arts organizations
- Lobbying for arts education with Legislature and State Board of Education
Call extension 101 or email him with any questions regarding rules interpretations, eligibility, general convention matters, Southwestern Musician or areas not covered by other staff members.
Frank Coachman assumed the duties of Deputy Director in July, 1999. He previously served as Director of Bands for C.E. Ellison High School in the Killeen I.S.D. He is married to Kaye Coachman and has two daughters, Heather and Mary Frances. His interests include family, music, antiques, remodeling, and traveling.
- Serve as assistant to the Executive Director
- Guide development of special programs
- Manage all phases of TMEA operations as related to technology
- Serve as website coordinator
- Coordinates the annual clinic/convention schedule
Call extension 102 or email him with any questions or comments regarding special programs, audition software, or the TMEA Website.
Kay Vanlandingham joined the TMEA staff as Administrative Director in February 2007. She is a proud graduate of Texas Christian University and brings with her 31 years of teaching experience in the orchestra, band and choir worlds. Outside the work day she enjoys her family, singing, conducting and reading.
- Assist the Executive Director
- Administer Scholarship Programs
- Administer Texas Future Music Educators Program
- Administer Region Financial Reporting
- Administer TMEA Mentoring Network
- Manage Region Grants and CPE Credit
- Prepare materials for Region, Executive Board, and State Board meetings and other meetings
- Maintain Licensed Vendor records
- Assist with convention housing and clinic/convention preparations
Call extension 103 or email her with any questions or comments regarding Texas Future Music Educators, TMEA Mentoring Network, student eligibility or scholarships.
Zachary Gersch joined the staff in June 2019 and came to TMEA with over nine years of exhibit management experience. Zach attended the Art Institute of Houston to study Interactive Media Design. He grew up playing piano and percussion and when he’s not rearranging booth spaces, Zach enjoys family, friends and food.
- Magazine Advertising
- Exhibit Manager at Clinic/Convention
- Maintains Sustaining Membership Records
- Assisting the Executive Board with Convention Planning
- Database Orders
- Job Services
Call extension 104 or email with any questions or requests about advertising, or exhibiting at the TMEA Clinic/Convention.
Susan Daugherty joined the TMEA staff in May 1998 as Membership Manager. She came to TMEA with six years of association experience. Outside of work, Susan enjoys reading, cooking, and socializing with friends.
- Membership database administration
- Address changes
- Magazine labels and subscriptions
- Assisting with editing Southwestern Musician
- Member support and services
- Recruit volunteers
- Onsite registration member support
- Liaison to John Barclay Agency
Call extension 105 or email her with any questions or requests about membership, magazine subscriptions, and member services.
Dana joined the TMEA staff in August 2023. She graduated from Texas Tech University with a B.S. in Mathematics, and after 28 years of teaching, retired in May 2023. Her favorite years as an educator were while teaching engineering at Kelly Lane MS and Hendrickson HS in Pflugerville ISD. Dana enjoys family, friends, puzzles, and crocheting.
- Providing administrative support
- Supporting TMEA programs with data management
- Greeting visitors and responding to member inquiries
- Assisting with membership services and event coordination
Call extension 106 or email her if you need further assistance.
Karen joined the TMEA staff in September 2005. She graduated from Texas Lutheran University with a B.A. in Communications. Her responsibilities include production of Southwestern Musician and other TMEA publications, Clinic/Convention materials, and member communications. She plays clarinet in the Austin Symphonic Band and St. Martin’s Lutheran Symphonic Winds and she sings in the St. Martin’s Lutheran Choir.
- Serving as managing editor of Southwestern Musician
- Developing advocacy materials/campaigns
- Coordinating the production of all publications
- Updating website content
- Assisting with the annual clinic/convention
- Photography at the annual clinic/convention
Call extension 107 or email her with questions or requests regarding web and print media.
Cristin joined the TMEA staff in June 2018. She is a native Austinite with more than 25 years’ experience in accounting, and more than 10 years’ experience in non-profit association accounting. Cristin is married to Glenn Gaffney and has two children, Virginia and Connor. Her interests include her family, road trips, marching bands and her dogs, Suzy and Lucy.
- Annual Budgeting
- Region Accounts Auditing
- IRS Form 1099Misc Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Annual Internal Audit
Call extension 108 or email her if you have any questions about vendor invoices or expense reimbursements.
Andrew joined the staff in 2005 after graduating from UT Austin with a BBA in Management Information Systems. He played trombone in his school bands from middle school to college and now plays with local community groups. He comes from a family of educators and his father and grandfather were both band directors.
- Assisting the Deputy Director
- Network Management and Security
- Database Development and Management
- Website Development and Management
- Assisting with Convention Planning
- Managing Inventory
- Assisting with other projects as needed
Call extension 109 or email if you have any website questions.