TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
February 2017 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
TMEA recently released this "Music Is Essential" video to spread the word about the importance of elementary music instruction. Share it!
This January 2016 article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
Learn more about how this legislation (passed in May 2013) affects music students through graduation plans, pull-out restrictions, and more.
84th Legislative Session Update (8-10-15)
This latest information on HB 18 and HB 2804 merits your attention.
Learn more about the revised music TEKS and print those that apply to the courses you teach.
- After the Convention
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- Realignment Project for 2016-2018
- Audition Entry
- Honor Band Entry
- 2018 Invited HS Jazz Ens. Performance Application
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Fair & College Night
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron