TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction. Learn more...
Video, outline, and interactive data maps for Fall Region Meeting review and input by Sept. 1, 2015
After TMEA Honor Bands are named, they will be available on this History page, listed as 2016 Honor Bands.
After TMEA Honor Orchestras are named, they will be available on this History page, listed as 2016 Honor Orchestras.
The August 2015 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
Learn more about the revised music TEKS and print those that apply to the courses you teach.
HB 5 Implementation Resources (5/20/2014)
Stay updated with these resources to help you navigate HB 5 implementation for you and your students.
Support fine arts education in our schools by registering at www.GoArts.org.
- Realignment Project for 2016-2018
- TMEA Events at TBA/TCDA/TODA conventions
- 2015 Convention
- Honor Band Results (2016 added when final)
- Honor Orchestra Results (2016 added when final)
- Audition Entry
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron