2020 Invited Soloist
- TMEA is conducting an audition for an adult Soprano Soloist to perform the Salut Printemps with the TMEA 2020 All-State Treble Choir.
- The soloist must be an Active member of TMEA.
- The soloist must reside in Texas.
- Application and recording must be submitted online by Midnight, January 24.
- Uploading the recording will take time. Start the application process before 11 pm, January 24th.
- A vocal bio/resume must be included within the online application.
- The soprano must record using the LSC All-State accompaniment - Track 1.
- The soprano must sing the solo beginning at Ms. 46 and ending at Ms. 67.
- There should be no verbal identification of the applicant on the recording.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- Preferred format: mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 44,100 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- Recordings will not be returned.
- Applicants will be reviewed by a committee of choir directors who are selected by the TMEA State Vocal Chair.
- This is a blind review process; only the State Vocal Chair knows the identity of the applicants.
- All applicants will be informed of the soloist selected via TMEA website posting by February 1.
- The selected applicant must understand and acknowledge that TMEA will assume no financial responsibility or obligation for travel, lodging, or per diem for the convention in San Antonio, TX. No stipend or honorarium will be granted for this service The selected soloist's bio/resume will be printed in the concert program. The performance will be Pro bono Publico.
Friday, Feb. 14th:
1:30 pm Orchestra and conductor, only.
2:00 pm to 2:45 Orchestra and Choir and soloist
Saturday, Feb. 15:
8:15 am to 9:15 am in Stars at Night Ballroom
9:45 am to 12:30 pm in CC206
3:00 pm in Room CC301 for Warm-up and line up
4:00 pm in Stars at Night Ballroom: 2020 All-State Treble Choir Concert!
- The online application process will be open from January 16 to Midnight, January 24, 2020.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the applicant and the date submitted.
- The printed application form may be submitted digitally by email to - Frank Coachman, Deputy Director
- Online Application Deadline: Midnight, January 24, 2020.
For more information contact: TMEA Vocal Vice-President - email@example.com
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)