2018 Selected Soloists
Thank you to singers from across the state who auditioned to be a featured soprano soloist for the 2018 All-State Mixed Choirs.
The selected soloists for the 2018 All-State Mixed Choirs are:
All-State Mixed Choir
Jennifer Wheeler, Soprano - Gloria, Francis Poulenc
All-State Small School Mixed Choir
Nereida Garcia, Soprano - Missa brevis Sancti Joannis de Deo, Joseph Haydn
- TMEA is conducting an audition for an adult Soprano Soloist to perform the Poulenc, Gloria with the TMEA 2018 All-State Mixed Choir.
- The soloist must be an Active member of TMEA.
- The soloist must reside in Texas.
- Application and recording must be submitted online by Midnight, October 15.
- Uploading the recording will take time. Start the application process before 11 pm, October 15th.
- A vocal bio/resume must be included within the online application.
- The soprano must record using the Salabert edition for choir and piano reduction.
- The soprano must sing Movement V - Dominus Deus, Agnus Dei beginning at rehearsal circle 45 through the end of rehearsal circle 49, stopping before rehearsal circle 50.
- There should be no verbal identification of the applicant on the recording.
- Acceptable recording formats for upload:
- Preferred format: mp3; Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- m4a (AAC-LC); Sample rate: 48000 Hz; Stereo; Bitrate: 256 kbps, constant
- WAV (Uncompressed); Sample rate: 44,100 Hz; Stereo; 16-Bit (required)
- Recordings will not be returned.
- Applicants will be reviewed by a committee of choir directors who are selected by the TMEA State Vocal Chair.
- This is a blind review process; only the State Vocal Chair knows the identity of the applicants.
- The top 5 applicants selected by the committee will be submitted to the All-State Clinician/Conductor for the final selection.
- All applicants will be informed of the soloist selected via TMEA website posting by December 1.
- The selected applicant must understand and acknowledge that TMEA will assume no financial responsibility or obligation for travel, lodging, or per diem for the convention in San Antonio, TX. No stipend or honorarium will be granted for this service The selected soloist's bio/resume will be printed in the concert program. The performance will be Pro bono Publico.
- The online application process will be open from September 1 to Midnight, October 15, 2017.
- The online application form must be printed and include the signature of the applicant and the date submitted.
- The printed application form may be submitted digitally by email to - Frank Coachman, Deputy Director
or by surface mail - TMEA Soloist Application, Attn: Frank Coachman, PO Box 140465, Austin, TX 78714 (Postmarked by October 16.)
- Online Application Deadline: Midnight, October 15, 2017. Printed application postmark deadline is October 16.
For more information contact: TMEA Vocal Vice-President - email@example.com
(Start a new entry or complete a previous application)