Be part of TMEA's Centennial by sharing your story and letting the world know why music education is important for everyone! Some videos uploaded here will be featured during the 2020 TMEA Clinic/Convention in San Antonio. Encourage all your friends to share their stories, too!
Share your story by November 1
1. Have a friend help you record a 60-second or shorter video in landscape orientation on one of the topics below.
Use this button to upload your video, include the name of the person speaking and their school(s) in the comments, and agree to let us use the video. See the end of this page for additional requirements for minors (under 18).
3. Help spread the message by sharing your video on social media and include #TMEA100 and #itstartswithmusic. Encourage all your friends to share their stories, too!
- Why is music your favorite class?
- What do you like best about your music teacher?
- How does music make you feel?
- What do you think “It Starts with Music” means?
- How has music education had an impact on your life? (in academics? in other areas?)
- How has being in your music program helped you face other challenges in your life?
- Why is your school music program important in your life?
- Tell us about a music teacher who has helped change your life.
Release Form for Videos Featuring Minors (under 18)
In addition to agreeing to the terms when uploading a video, we require an additional release form to be completed for those under 18 years of age. We will contact you if we would like to use your story and need this additional form. Use the links below to print the form.