• Booth assignment will be based on date/time of completed application.
• One 10'X10' booth is allowed per institution.
• No more than six persons should represent an exhibiting institution in the booth at the same time.
A. Complimentary Exhibitor Services
- 8' high back drape, 3' high side drape
- (1) 8' undraped table and (2) folding chairs
- A 7"x44" one-line identification sign
- A full listing in the Convention Program for College Fair Participants and abbreviated listing for College Night participants
- A listing in the Convention Mobile App
- A full listing on the online interactive exhibit hall map
- A listing on the College Fair/Night webpage
- Perimeter guard service on a 24-hour basis in the exhibit area
- Opportunity to purchase all or part of the membership database
- Show logo for promotional use (subject to restrictions)
B. Chargeable Exhibitor Services
- Booth furniture/carpet/decorations
- Electrical Service
- Skilled Labor (carpenters/decorators/plumbers)
- Audiovisual Rental
- Booth Signage other than complimentary ID sign
- Cleaning Services
- Floral/Plantscaping Services
- Telephone Service
- Rental Exhibits
- Lead Retrieval Services
C. Official Show Decorator
Freeman Decorating Company is the Official Show Decorator. A link to the official Exhibitor Service manual will be sent to all exhibitors.
D. Show Logo
As a TMEA exhibitor, you may use the official show logo to promote your attendance at the TMEA Clinic/Convention, subject to restrictions. Said logo will be sent to all exhibitors.
E. Copyright License(s)
Exhibitor must obtain own license for copyrighted work (such as music or literature) used in the exhibit space and will indemnify and defend TMEA against any claims or suits alleging copyright infringement for the use of copyrighted work by the exhibitor. ASCAP, BMI and SESAC are three authorized licensing organizations that collect copyright fees on behalf of composers and publishers of music.
F. Unclaimed Booth Space
Exhibit space not claimed by one hour prior to show opening shall be considered abandoned and may be resold or reassigned with no obligation of refund whatsoever.
It is expressly understood and agreed by each and every contracting exhibitor and his or her guests that neither the TMEA Clinic/Convention nor their employees nor their contractors shall be liable for loss or damage to the goods or properties of exhibitors.
On signing the Exhibit Space Rental Agreement, exhibitor releases and agrees to indemnify TMEA Clinic/Convention, their managers, officers, members, sponsors, employees, and agents and hold them harmless from any suit or claim for property damage or personal injury (including punitive damages) by whomsoever sustained, including exhibitor and exhibitor's agents or employees on or about the exhibitor's display space or arising out of exhibitor's participation in the exhibition, expressly including such damage or injury resulting in any part from the negligence of one or more of the aforementioned indemnities.
The performance of this agreement by either party is subject to acts of God, war, government regulation, disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergency overwhich neither party has control making it illegal or impossible to provide the facilities or to hold the function.
The exhibit hall is not liable to the exhibitors for any damage to or for the loss or destruction of any exhibit or the property of the exhibitor by fire or other casualty covered by an extended coverage endorsement to a fire insurance policy, whether caused by negligence of the hall, its officers, agents, servants, employees or otherwise, all claims for any such loss or damage being expressly waived by the exhibitor who agrees to indemnify and hold the exhibit hall harmless for such claims.
H. Prohibited Activities
- Advertising material or signs of firms other than those that have rented booth space are prohibited. Canvassing and solicitations of business except by exhibiting firms are prohibited. Exhibitors will be expected to adhere to ethical standards in their canvassing, interviews, demonstration, etc.
- Exhibitors are restricted from soliciting customers in the aisles, outside the booth, or any other area of the show. Exhibitors must remain within their own space while distributing literature, product samples, or other materials. No literature, product samples or other materials may be distributed outside the exhibit area. Recruiting and/or auditioning All-State students are prohibited.
- Nothing shall be pasted, tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to columns, walls, floors, or other parts of the building or furniture.
- No helium balloons, confetti, glitter or rice is permitted in the exhibit area.
- Booth decorations, as well as any merchandise or materials attached to table skirts, must be non-combustible or flameproof. Electrical wiring must conform to all federal, state, municipal government regulations, and National Electrical Code Safety Rules. If inspection indicates that an exhibitor has neglected to comply with these regulations, or otherwise incurs fire hazards, the right is reserved to cancel all or such part of the exhibits deemed irregular.
- Lit candles are prohibited in the exhibit hall.
- All exhibitors must adhere to and be bound by all applicable fire, utility and building codes and regulations, any rules and regulations of the Facility where the TMEA Clinic/Convention is held, AND the terms of all leases and agreements between TMEA and the Facility.
- Unethical conduct or infraction of rules on the part of an exhibitor or his/her representatives will subject the exhibitor or his/her representatives to dismissal from the exhibit hall, in which event it is agreed that no refund shall be made by TMEA and, further, that no demand for redress will be made by the exhibitor or his/her representative.
- No children under 18 years of age allowed on show floor during move in and/or move out.
Exhibitor violation consequences:
- First offense: Verbal warning;
- Second offense: Written Violation Notice will be issued;
- Third offense: Determined by TMEA Show Management.
The Exhibits Manager reserves the right to restrict or discontinue exhibits which, because of undue noise, method of operation, material or any other reason, become objectionable. In the event of such restriction or eviction, TMEA is not liable for any refunds or rentals or other exhibitor expenses.
J. Audio & Audiovisual Sound Effects
In general, exhibitors may use sound equipment in their booths so long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighboring exhibitors. Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned so as to direct sound into the booth rather than into the aisle. Performance demonstrations by an individual or group shall not exceed five minutes in duration. Demonstrations of a disruptive and/or inappropriate nature, as determined solely by TMEA show management, are not permitted.
Rule of thumb: Sound and noise should not exceed 85 decibels when measured from the aisle immediately in front of a booth (Refer to OSHA at www.osha.gov/SLTC/noisehearingconservation/ for more information). This will be strictly enforced.
K. Guard Service
Although perimeter guard service is provided on a 24-hour basis in the exhibit area, neither TMEA nor the facility assumes responsibility for damage to, loss, or theft of property of the exhibitors, or the exhibitors' agents, employees, or invitees. TMEA recommends that exhibitors consider the benefit of securing individual security guards for the exhibit. Contact the Exhibits Manager for more information.
L. Subletting Booth Space
No exhibitor may assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the exhibit space assigned, nor permit any other party to exhibit in their occupied space.
M. Revision or Cancellation of Exhibition
TMEA reserves the right to adjust booth assignments and/or change the floor plan without prior notice if TMEA determines it is in the best interest of the show. TMEA will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the Show Program, attendee lists, web sites, or in any promotional materials. If the TMEA Clinic/Convention is canceled/terminated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of show management, including (without limitation) acts of God, war, strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbance, terrorism, epidemic, or any other comparable casualty or condition,
TMEA agrees to refund 50% of all fees previously paid by exhibitor. The remaining 50% shall cover a sharing of costs, expenses and commitments. Thereupon, this agreement shall be deemed canceled by mutual consent, and TMEA shall be relieved from all responsibility thereunder.
TMEA reserves the right to cancel, re-name or re-locate the Clinic/Convention or change the dates on which it is held. If TMEA changes the name of the Clinic/Convention, relocates the Clinic/Convention to another event facility within the same city (or a different city), or changes the dates for the Clinic/Convention, no refund will be due to exhibitor, but TMEA will assign to exhibitor, in lieu of the original exhibit space, such other exhibit space as TMEA deems appropriate and exhibitor agree to use such space under the terms of the contract.
N. Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors (EAC)
Exhibitors may utilize Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors (EAC) for use during the TMEA Clinic/Convention. An EAC is a person or company other than the designated "official" or "exclusive" contractors that provides a service (supervision, display installation and dismantling, advertising agencies, models, florists, photographers, computer firms, audiovisual firms, etc.) and requires access to the exhibit hall any time during the installation or dismantling or show dates. Exhibitors are responsible for advising TMEA of the names, addresses and contacts for these EAC's. All EAC's will be required to submit certificates of insurance for Commercial General Liability Insurance, valid in the state of Texas. EAC's will cooperate w/official contractor and all unions.
O. Hanging Signs
Hanging signs: 20 feet (top of sign) height allowance.
P. Early Departure
Exhibitor may not dismantle their display until TMEA officially closes the Clinic/Convention. Should extraordinary events occur requiring early departure from the Clinic/Convention, the exhibitor must notify TMEA onsite and make arrangement for such occurrence.
Q. Application Eligibility
This Exhibit Application becomes binding and effective only when: 1) an authorized agent of the exhibiting company has submitted the Application, 2) booth deposit monies have been paid, and 3) TMEA expressly accepts the Application via formal confirmation. The person signing Booth Application must have consent and authority to execute and legally bind the exhibitor to all of the Rules & Regulations.
The TMEA Exhibits Manager reserves the right to restrict exhibits that, because of undue noise, method of operation, materials, or any other reason, become objectionable. In the event of such restriction or eviction, TMEA is not liable for any refunds, rentals, or other exhibitor expenses.
These regulations become a part of the agreement between the exhibitor and TMEA. Any situations not covered are subject to the decision of TMEA officials.