TMEA Statewide Audition and Clinic/Concert Site COVID Protocols
In the following requirements, “site” means any building in use for TMEA auditions, rehearsals, or concerts:
Because TMEA auditions and clinic/concerts bring together individuals from a variety of locations, to enter a site, everyone must comply with the following.
- TMEA’s statewide COVID protocols (listed below),
- the site’s COVID protocols (audition site protocols print on the audition entry documents—check with your director/member sponsor; Region Chairs will communicate clinic/concert requirements to all directors with students in that event),
- and the protocols of one’s own school district specific to attending off-campus/extracurricular events.
If any requirement is in conflict, follow the more stringent requirement.
The student’s director or the Region Chair/Coordinator has the authority to disqualify a student from an audition or ensemble if the student blatantly refuses to follow the COVID Protocols defined below:
Agreement to Comply (directors will provide auditioning students this required form to sign and return before the audition date).
Statewide COVID Protocols
- Do not enter the site if you have COVID-19 or if in the last 48 hours have had any of the following symptoms unrelated to some other condition: fever (100.4˚ F or higher) or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea.
- Do not enter the site if you have been in prolonged close physical contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days unless you are fully vaccinated, or have since tested negative for COVID, or had COVID in the last 3 months.
- If required by the site or by your own district for off-campus events, wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while inside the audition site building(s). You may remove your mask to play a wind instrument or sing in warmup or audition or, briefly, to eat or drink. Where not required, TMEA still strongly recommends everyone wear a mask.
- Limit your time in the site to that which is required for your audition or volunteer role or for your participation in or attendance at the clinic/concert.
- Maintain distance whenever possible.
- Judges will be placed a minimum of 3 feet apart in the audition room.
- Students will be placed a minimum of 3 feet apart when in an audition room as a group.
- An auditioning student will be placed a minimum of 6 feet from all others in the audition room.
- When physically feasible in a clinic or concert space, students will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- Within 14 days after the audition or clinic/concert, if a test-confirmed COVID-19 case is identified among anyone from a school who entered the site, a director from that school will notify the Region Chair/Coordinator. The Region Chair/Coordinator will then notify all directors who had participants in that event.
As of September 17, 2021.