TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
The online searchable schedule is available. You can create a personal schedule by logging in.
While Harvey may seem like a memory, for many students the effects are still very real. Review the list and contact teachers directly to offer your help. Spread the word so that all needs can be met!
Find ready-to-print/show materials on this page. Distribute advocacy materials to parents, administrators, and the community in support of music education for all!
View the alignment for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year.
This article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
February 2018 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- New - Honor Band Rules for 2018
- 2018 All-State
- Scholarship Application
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Exhibits
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron