TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
Download the TMEA Anthem, premiered at the 2020 TMEA Second General Session.
Share these inspirational stories about the power of music education, premiered during the 2020 TMEA First General Session.
Join us as we honor our past, celebrate our present, and look forward to our next 100 years.
TMEA Region and Area alignments for 2020-2022 as proposed by the Executive Board.
For more information: Alignment Procedures and Timetable
This article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
February 2020 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- After the Convention
- College Division Fall Conference Follow-up
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Exhibits
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron