TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction.
New TMEA Membership System Is Live
Before accessing your record in our new membership system, you must reset your password (you can use your existing one). TMEA members should check for an email with a quick link to set that password and access their account. Otherwise, when you attempt to log in the first time, choose the 'Click here to reset your password' option on the Log In prompt.
Find ready-to-print/show materials on this page. Distribute advocacy materials to parents, administrators, and the community in support of music education for all!
This article (PDF) will help you stay updated on what the law says about music education. Use the final page quick reference to communicate this with your colleagues and administrators.
May 2019 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available.
- TMEA Calendars - State/Region
- After the Convention
- 2020 Convention Proposals
- 2020 Convention Invited Applications
- Honor Band Entry
- Honor Orchestra Entry
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
- Advertise with TMEA
- Exhibit at the TMEA Convention
- Sponsor the TMEA Convention
- College Exhibits
- Purchase Member Data
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron