Performing Choir Application
Choral Directors must have taught the ensemble a minimum of two years and must submit examples from the past two school years (current year and previous year.) A choir will not be eligible if there is a change of directors between the time of entry and the time of the TMEA performance. The director must notify the State Vocal Chair if a change occurs.
- CDs and application forms are due to the State Vocal Chair by May 1 (postmark deadline). In years when May 1 falls on Sunday, the postmark deadline is April 30.
- The following ensembles are eligible for consideration:
- Mixed Choir
- Treble Choir
- Tenor-Bass Choir
- Show Choir
- Chamber Choir
- The following school levels are eligible:
- Middle School
- Junior High
- High School Non-Varsity
- High School Varsity
- The following classifications are eligible:
- A brief background statement about the choir should be included with the application form.
- The application must include the signature of the director as well as the principal of the school or Director of the Music School for college and university applicants.
- All CDs must be 10-15 minutes in length.
- There should be no identifying marks on the CD or case; there should be no verbal identification on the performance CD.
- List all titles, composers and dates of performances as they occur on the CD. CDs will not be returned.
- Show Choirs should submit a DVD of live performances from the past two years (current year and previous school year). DVDs will not be returned.
- Applicants will be judged by a committee of choir directors who are representative of the categories submitted for consideration.
- This is a blind audition process; only the State Vocal Chair knows which schools have submitted.
- The selection committee scores each choir individually; the choirs are ranked following the conclusion of the listening.
- An effort will be made to include choirs from as many classifications and geographic locations as possible.
Selected choirs will be informed by June 1.
Download Performance Application
Send the application and CD recording to:
25518 Glen Loch Drive
Spring TX 77380
Postmark Deadline: May 1 (or April 30 when May 1 is on a Sunday)
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 February 2015 09:46